The ACM SIGACCESS Scholarship Award aims to provide support for practitioners, researchers, members of advocacy groups, and individuals with disabilities who are interested in the field of computers and accessibility, to actively participate in the ASSETS conference. The scholarship award is in the amount of $2,000.
- Practitioners, members of advocacy groups, and individuals with disabilities who apply must have demonstrated a commitment to or interest in the field of accessible computing. Researchers should have completed an academic degree and should be actively engaged in research and/or practice in the general domain of computers and accessibility;
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously attended ASSETS;
- Scholarship funds can only be used to cover the cost of participating in the ASSETS conference;
- Applicants should have a demonstrated financial need and a sincere interest in expanding their knowledge in the area of computers and accessibility.
Candidates interested in applying for a SIGACCESS scholarship award are required to:
- Create an application portfolio, composed of:
- A 2-page resume;
- A 1-page essay discussing their background or interest in the area of computers, accessibility, and assistive technologies, and the benefits the applicant expects to gain from participating in the ASSETS conference;
- For students, a statement from their advisor to confirm that funding is not available through their institution.
The portfolio should be prepared in electronic format (PDF).
- Commit to attend and actively participate in the ASSETS conference; in particular
- The applicant should participate in the complete ASSETS event;
- The applicant is expected to develop a poster, highlighting experience and interests in the areas of computers and accessibility; the poster will be presented during the ASSETS poster session. Applicants with accepted technical posters or papers in the ASSETS program will not need to develop a separate poster.
- Develop a 2-page report, to be submitted within 1 month from the end of the ASSETS conference, summarizing the benefits gained through participation in the ASSETS conference.
The deadline for application is July 1st; applicants will be notified of the decision by July 30th. Applications should be sent in electronic form to: chair_sigaccess-ta-nullacm-tod-org.