ASSETS 2011 will be held at Apex Dundee City Quay Hotel in Dundee, Scotland. The doctoral consortium and the SLTAT workshop will he held at the Queen Mother Building, School of Computing, University of Dundee. Check the map below for details concerning conference location among others:
View Assets Dundee in a larger map
Staying at the conference hotel
We are pleased to announce that an allocation of rooms are being held at the Apex for the nights of Saturday October 22nd through Wednesday October 26th at a rate of £90.00 single or £100.00 double/twin occupancy including full Scottish breakfast & VAT. If you require 2 beds in the room you need to ask for a twin bedroom at time of booking or you will automatically get a King Bed.
Guests should make reservations by contacting Central Reservations and quoting block reference ASS2310.
- Within the UK: Central Reservations Telephone 0845 365 0000; Fax 0871 221 1353
- Outside the UK: Reservations Telephone +44 (0)131 441 0440; Fax +44 (0)131 441 0444
To book your reservations online, please go to the following url and use the code of BASS2310 https://booking.apexhotels.co.uk/en?hotel=QUAY&promoCode=BASS2310&arrivalDate=23/10/11&nights=3
To ensure the given rate, reservations must be made before 27 August 2011.
Check in from 14.30 hours and check out by 12 noon.
The hotel address is 1 West Victoria Dock Road, Dundee, Scotland. Refer to the map for location (google maps):
See bigger map
ASSETS strives to be an inclusive, accessible conference. For inquiries regarding conference accessibility, please contact Anna Cavender.
Other Accomodation options
Holiday Inn ExpressDock Street
Tel: 01382 314330
Fax: 01382 314343
A clean, comfortable and contemporary hotel offering a complimentary buffet style breakfast. Situated in the city centre, within walking distance of public transport links. An ideal place to stay for business trips or leisure breaks. All 95 bedrooms offer satellite tv, in-room movies, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and power shower
Prices from £75 per night during the conference week
Hilton DundeeEarl Grey Place
Tel: 01382 229271
Fax: 01382 200072
The River and City view bedrooms provide the perfect place to stay on a business or leisure break. Features include Wifi, Flatscreen TV's, Coffee facilities, Hairdryer, Hilton Alarm and Radio, Luxurious Toiletries and the added benefit of our Hilton Honours programme.
Prices from £73 per night during the conference week
Premier Inn Dundee CentreDiscovery Quay
Tel: 0132 203240
Fax: 01382 203237
Boasting a great city centre location on Dundee's waterfront with views over the River Tay, this Premier Inn is located across from Dundee train station and a short walk from the bus station and public transport links. All our spacious en-suite bedrooms offer Freeview TV, tea/coffee making facilities, a hairdryer and our Good Night Guarantee. With our location and onsite restaurant, this hotel is perfect whether staying for business or leisure.
Prices from £76 per night during the conference week
Travelodge Dundee Central Hotel152-158 West Marketgait
Tel: 0871 984 6301*
Fax: 01382 229628
Prices from £25.50 per night during the conference week
Places to Visit
Watch this video and delight yourself with the wondeful things you can see during your stay....
For the explorer
- Step into history, by visiting Captain Robert Falcon Scott's Antarctic Ship at RRS Discovery.
- Visit Glamis Castle, legendary inspiration for Shakespeare's Macbeth and childhood home of the Queen Mother.
- Delve into Dundee's industrial past and visit a working jute textile museum, Verdant Works.
- Visit Sensation Dundee and discover the wonders of science through your senses with over 80 hands-on interactive exhibits.
- Explore the world's most original wooden warship, H.M. Frigate Unicorn.
For the adventurer
- Venture onto the tranquil paths of the Angus Glens, the gateway to Britain's largest natural haven - the Cairngorms National Park.
- Take competitiveness to a new level with an energetic paintball session with Bedlam Paintball.
- For a more active experience, race over hilly backdrops on quad bikes with Auchterhouse Country Sports or spend a day on a guided mountain biking trail with Glentrek.
Or if you just want to take it easy!
- Tread on the links at Carnoustie's world-class course, where many golfing greats have achieved glory.
- Enjoy a day out shopping or relax and pamper yourself in one of our many luxurious spas.
- Experience a night out at one of our many restaurants or take in a show at the Dundee Rep or DCA in Dundee's cultural quarter.
Check for more information on the Dundee and Angus Convention Bureau web page.